CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!




As I’m sleeping in on my birthday there is a knock at the hotel door. Jesse jumps up to get it, and much to both our surprise it’s Nurshia (coordinator) and Zhenia (translator). They never come up to the room; we always meet them in the lobby. Today they came upstairs to surprise me for my birthday with flowers and a gift. The gift is a silver and gold bracelet.  Jesse did not tell them it’s my birthday; they have our life history as a part of the dossier.  So I’m standing there in my pj’s feeling a little embarrassed, yet so completely touched by their thoughtfulness. It really almost made me cry… wow such a kind gesture.

Then I read my birthday note from Jesse and I’m crying again. Needless to say I’m having a great birthday, despite not being with Connor and Lana or the boy. The weather turned warm again today and I’m feeling excited about the week ahead, hopefully our last full week in Shymkent.

We are eager to show you pictures and tell you more about our son, but nothing is official in regards to the adoption yet so we don’t want to jeopardize the process. However, as a birthday present to me we’re going to announce our son’s new first name today. His middle name is his birth name -- so we’ll tell you that later. 

Without further adieu...  the name of our newest family member is Griffin!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from Grandma BEE !!!Amy; talked to her this morning,told her I would send this since she has no puter.
Dad & Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Amy! And LOVE the name - ever since that cute boy on Party of Five... Can't wait to see a picture, or better yet meet him in person, to have a face to go with that name! And if things don't work out between you and Jesse, I'll take him - what a sweet post to you...

Sandee

Anonymous said...

hay amy and jess amy just want let you know that finaly you had your chance to be older then for the first time in 36 years only because you went some place that is a day ahead of us that ok this time we all know you are getting us a gift we all will love forever HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS

Jamie Voisard said...

Wow, am I behind in my birthday wish considering you're now in bed...sorry about that. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Can't wait to see you all so soon.

Anonymous said...

Ok between the Birthday Wish from your Husband and Our Brother I am officially in tears!!!

I called Granny and told her you had posted the name...thanks it led to how she has another bond to purchase no later than June :)

Wasn't Griffin Julia's good lookin' boyfriend on Party of Five not the little boy?

Give the baby a squish for me!

Love to you all

Auntie Holly

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Amy! We're all thinking of you today. Just returned from DC where my computer crashed, so love catching up on the blog. We're going to call your folks to see what their plans are with the kids--Brynne and McK are going through Connor and Lana withdrawal. We'll be sure to give them extra hugs for you if we see them.

I love the name Griffin--very cool. Can't wait to hear the birth/middle name--I'm sure it's very un-Griffiny. :)

Kim

Allen Edwards said...

Happy 27????th Birthday Amy.

Pictures are getting alot better.

Allen

Bouman Family said...

Happy B-day Amy!!!!! Great job Jesse.....what you had written to Amy was priceless......I'll have to make sure Tim reads it!!!!!

Jesse and Amy said...

Ok, so I have to admit I missed the Party of Five connection to Griffin. Perhaps we should reconsider? Kidding...

And yes Kim, the middle name is sure not to draw a link to a major sitcom in the states...

-Jesse

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to you Amy! Jesse, that was a beautiful note you wrote to Amy. It sounds like you guys are made the most of your trip and it's been awesome reading about how you've bonded w/ little Griffin.

We're very excited that you're coming home tomorrow.!!!!

XOXO, Lauryn & Jay