CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Amsterdam Airport

Local Time: 3:45 p.m. Cincinnati Time: 9:45 a.m.

Amy here...

Just sitting here at the airport waiting for our flight to Almaty. We had a nice flight over the pond -- it helps to be in first class! I was quite cozy with a blanket and pillow, lots of leg room and seats that recline into a sleeping position. We both slept for at least 4 hours, something I really needed. The last few nights at home were difficult for me.

Knowing we were leaving the next day, I was crying my eyes out at bedtime Thursday night. Lana said to me, “Are you trying to be brave, Mom?” Yes, dear I’m trying to be brave. I’m just not doing a good job right now. She says, “that’s ok” and runs off to get me a tissue. Friday morning, before sending Connor to the bus stop with Jesse, I break down again. Connor comes walking into the kitchen, and after seeing me crying he says “Oh no, not again!” He was willing to give me a big hug, but really wanted nothing to do with a cry baby Mommy. Thank goodness they are stronger than me.

2 comments:

Grandma T said...

I love reading your postings. I've been thinking of you every step of your way today. A few of my co-workers asked about you. You do have support from even those you really don't know.Love you!

Allen Edwards said...

How about some picures of Amsterdam chicks in shorts.
Very interesting site and quite a change from the ones I usually am on.
A